Boing-Away!

Boing!

You are not logged in.

Announcement

If you would like to do TBGs and RPGs with other Boing Members, please go here. Boing-Away!

Adverts

Adverts

#1 2018-06-22 05:49:36

hfy962464
New Boinger

. Hes got power. ... We like his leadership. We l

TEMPE, Ariz. Kieran Trippier Jersey . -- Outside linebacker John Abraham has left the Arizona Cardinals and is considering retiring from the game. Cardinals coach Bruce Arians said on Wednesday that Abraham, the games active sacks leader and ninth on the NFLs career list with 133 1/2, has been granted a leave of absence. The team obtained a roster exemption, using it to re-sign linebacker Marcus Benard. The 36-year-old Abraham sustained a concussion in Monday nights 18-17 season-opening victory over San Diego. But Arians said he had a long talk with Abraham on Tuesday and the concussion was not the main reason the player was considering leaving the game. Arians said that while Abraham goes through the NFL-mandated concussion protocol, he "will determine if he wants to continue playing football, whether his hearts still in it and he has the fire and desire to do it." Abraham, in his 15th NFL season, has five days under NFL rules before the Cardinals must either reinstate him or declare him out for the season. He missed nearly all of training camp to, as he later confirmed, undergo rehabilitation treatment for an alcohol problem. The rehab stint came after he was arrested in suburban Atlanta and charged with drunken driving. "I think with all the things that hes gone through in the last month, hes got a lot of things outside of football that hes never dealt with before," Arians said. "There are some people that can help him in that regard. Im not one of them." Arians said that "there are things Im not clinically smart enough to know what depression is and things like that so theres many issues that could be involved." Abraham, who had no tackles against the Chargers, expressed concern about whether he was hurting the team, Arians said. "If that game on Monday night football and that atmosphere didnt have you flying around like always or more, then somethings missing," the coach said, "and thats basically what he reflected to me. He said There were times in that game I wasnt in it and its not fair to my teammates. Ive got to decide if this is still what I really want to do." Abraham is in the second year of a two-year contract. He led the Cardinals with 11 1/2 sacks last season and made the Pro Bowl for the sixth time. He needs nine sacks to pass Michael Strahan for fifth on the career sacks list. Abraham played six seasons for the New York Jets and seven for the Atlanta Falcons before coming to Arizona as a free agent. "Were all hoping and praying for him, hoping he returns back to normal," quarterback Carson Palmer said. "Obviously, were going to miss him and miss his production. Somebody else has to step up. Coach Arians motto is next man up. Somebodys got to find a way to replace his production." The injury is another significant loss for the Arizona defence. Defensive tackle Darnell Dockett tore an ACL in training camp and is out for the season. The team already was without its two standout inside linebackers from a year ago. Karlos Dansby left for Cleveland via free agency and Daryl Washington is suspended for the season for violating the NFLs substance-abuse policy. Arians said Abraham told him that this was his first concussion, something that teammate Lorenzo Alexander doubts is true. "Playing this game everybodys had multiple concussions. Whether or not theyre diagnosed is something totally different," Alexander said. "Im pretty sure hes had multiple concussions throughout his career like we all have. This was probably his first documented one." Arians said Sam Acho would move into Abrahams spot. "Johns a leader. Hes a guy that leads by example," Acho said. "You look at his film, the way he plays the game. I watch Johns film to see what I can do better." Marcus Rashford Jersey . The hard-serving 22-year-old from Thornhill, Ont., became the first Canadian to be ranked in the Top 10 on the ATP World Tour thanks to his runner-up performance at Rogers Cup in Montreal. Gary Cahill Jersey . LaQuinton Ross scored 17 of his 20 points in the first half, hitting his first four 3-pointers, to send No. http://www.englandsoccerauthority.com/j … nd-jersey/ . 5 Trade Deadline is drawing closer and teams will be deciding on whether to buy or sell while figuring out which players can make the biggest difference and hold the greatest value.NEW YORK, N.Y. - Alex Rodriguez faces a diminished role in his return to the New York Yankees, who have stripped A-Rod of his third-base job and plan to limit his role to full-time designated hitter — at most.General manager Brian Cashman said Tuesday that A-Rods days as an everyday fielder are over in the Bronx and Chase Headley will start at third after agreeing this week to a $52 million, four-year contract.Coming off a season-long suspension for violations of baseballs drug agreement and labour contract, Rodriguez will have to compete with Martin Prado for time as Headleys backup at third.I cant expect Alex to be anything, Cashman said during a telephone interview with The Associated Press. Ive got to think the worst and hope for the best. Even before the suspension, he wasnt the same player at third base on the defensive or offensive side. And that was before the suspension.And now hes been out of the game for a year. Hes approaching 40 years of age. And just to automatically assume given his circumstances that hell be able to plug right in, play third as an everyday guy and hold up and be productive, I think that would be dangerous thinking from my perspective, in the seat Im sitting in.Rodriguez turns 40 in July and has not played a full season since 2007 because of leg injuries, operations on both hips and the suspension. Cashman said A-Rod will have to prove to manager Joe Girardi he can play the field.So given all that circumstance, we look forward to him hopefully solidifying himself as a tremendous DH for us, and if he shows he has retained athleticism, then he can play third as a choice when Joe decides to give Headley a rest, Cashman said. He can compete for Joes thought process, whether its Prado swinging over or Alex playing third.Cashman said he has nnot spoken with Rodriguez about his new role. Danny Rose England Jersey. .I dont need to. Ive been very consistent with my conversations publicly from October on, he said. I have not heard from Alex on any of that, and I know he reads all this stuff.Rodriguez is owed $61 million by the Yankees in the final three seasons of his contract, and New York could use improvement at DH — its players there combined to hit .230 this year (12th in the AL) with 18 homers (11th), 63 RBIs (13th), a .290 on-base percentage (14th) and a .372 slugging percentage (12th), according to STATS.Acquired from San Diego in July, Headley convinced the Yankees to keep him. He will get $13 million each year and the chance to earn an additional $1 million annually in performance bonuses based on plate appearances. He would receive a one-time $1 million assignment bonus if traded.We measure a lot of different things on the hitting analytics as well as our scouting assessments of him, Cashman said. Hes got plate discipline. Hes got power. ... We like his leadership. We like his abilities. We think hes an exceptional defender.Headley hit .229 with seven homers and 32 RBIs last season for the Padres and .262 with six homers and 17 RBIs in 191 at-bats for New York. His offence improved after a herniated disk in his back was treated with an epidural injection June 20.If the back rears its ugly head, we know the process necessary to deal with that. So it was a risk that we felt worth taking, Cashman said.New York anticipates Headley, a 2012 Gold Glove winner, will be joined in the infield most days by Didi Gregorius at shortstop, Prado at second and Mark Teixeira at first.We believe we now have a very strong defensive infield, Cashman said, that will serve our pitching staff and our run prevention well. Cheap NFL Black Jerseys Wholesale Black NFL Jerseys Wholesale NFL Gear Wholesale Stitched Jerseys Wholesale NFL Womens Jerseys Cheap NFL Black Jerseys Jerseys NFL China ' ' '

2018-06-22 05:49:36

AdBot
Advertisements

Adverts

Board footer