Boing-Away!

Boing!

You are not logged in.

Announcement

If you would like to do TBGs and RPGs with other Boing Members, please go here. Boing-Away!

Adverts

Adverts

#1 2018-06-22 05:55:48

hfy962464
New Boinger

"Im really pleased to see IndyCar preparing

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. Josh Allen Bills Jersey . -- Russell Allen, a former linebacker with the Jacksonville Jaguars, will retire after suffering a concussion and a stroke in a game last December. Allen told MMQB.si.com he has a dead spot -- no bigger than a dime -- on his cerebellum. The cerebellum controls motor movement and co-ordination. The Jaguars released Allen last week after his personal physician consulted with Jacksonvilles medical staff before a scheduled physical. The Jaguars declined comment Tuesday, citing medical privacy laws. Allen, who lives with his wife and two--year-old son in San Diego, did not immediately return a message left on his cellphone. "I told my story so athletes understand you cant ignore head injuries," Allen posted on his Twitter page Tuesday. "If youre not sure you have one, then you do. Report it immediately." In the months after Allens initial stroke diagnosis, he saw three neurosurgeons. The last one advised Allen to quit playing football. Allen told MMQB he has struggled to pick up and grip hand-held objects -- doctors believe this will subside in time -- and will be on blood-thinning medication for the rest of his life. Allen hopes others will learn from his experience. "Guys talk about it all the time: Im all right; I just got my bell rung," he said. "Ive had, maybe 10 times in my career, when for a second I felt woozy after a hit. And what Ive learned from this is that its not something to be overlooked. If it feels like somethings wrong, somethings wrong. I want someone to know my experience, so they can know when they experience something similar." Allen sustained the concussion and stroke in Week 15 against Buffalo after running into Bills centre Eric Wood several yards downfield. "It was strange because it was so routine," Allen said. "We hit, I got off the block, no big deal. "I felt something flash -- like they say when you get your bell rung. I didnt lose consciousness. I walked back to the huddle and finished the drive." Later in the game, though, Allen began having double vision on the sideline. He did not notify team trainers, instead asking teammate Paul Posluszny if his eye was OK. Allen had a headache after the game and again when he woke up the next day, which prompted him to tell the team. The Jaguars ordered an MRI and sent Allen home. That Tuesday, the Jags told Allen to meet a team physician at the emergency room. Allen was told he had suffered a stroke and had tests for three days at the hospital. Josh Allen Jersey . Aaron Hill and Cliff Pennington hit home runs in the first inning for the Diamondbacks, who beat the Miami Marlins 3-2 on Friday night. Jim Kelly Bills Jersey .com) - Maria Sharapova rallied for a three- set win over Ana Ivanovic on Saturday to capture the season-opening Brisbane International tennis tournament. http://www.billsnflgears.com/Black-Trem … ml?cat=949 .com) - Delon Wright scored 17 points and No.AVONDALE, La. - IndyCar racing officials expressed confidence on Monday that the NOLA Motorsports Park will be able to complete more $4.5 million in improvements needed to host the proposed Indy Grand Prix of Louisiana in suburban New Orleans next year. "IndyCar is on the rise and we are determined to be in great markets in this country and eventually throughout the world," IndyCar chief Mark Miles said in an announcement at the track on Monday. "We have no doubt this will be one of the great venues for Indy Car racing in very little time." Gov. Bobby Jindal, joined by officials from the track and Andretti Sports Marketing, said the race is expected to be locked into the IndyCar schedule for "at least three years, though the goal is to make this a permanent event." Ongoing negotiations include scheduling a weekend for the event, which would also affect the timeline for track improvements that Miles said are needed for "safety, fan enjoyment and quality of racing." Jindal will need state Legislative approval for $4.5 million, which will be combined with private money to make improvements, including pit area, straight away and perimeter fencing enhancements. Organizers estimated as many as 80,000 spectators attending over the three-day event, which is slated to include a "racing festival" including live music and other entertainment. "This is great news for Jefferson Parish and our entire state," Jindal said. "This three-day event would allow us to show off the excitement of an IndyCar race right here in Louisiana, as well as our states culture, entertainment and food. This event will be a great economic driver." The NOLA Motorsports Park, a private, $60 million facility about 14 miles southwest of downtown Neww Orleans, features a 2. Custom Buffalo Bills Jerseys. 75-mile road course that has already hosted AMA motorcycle racing and developmental levels of open-wheel auto racing including the Indy Lights, Pro Mazda and USF2000 series. The track is owned by Dr. Laney Chouest, whose family founded and operates Edison Chouest Offshore, reputedly one of the worlds leading builders and operators of sea vessels specially designed to service the offshore oil and gas industries. "We wouldnt be here without the vision of Dr. Laney Chouest," Jindal said. "Hes built this beautiful facility as a labour of love and today were seeing one of the benefits to the state." Chouest thanked Jindal for supporting a "public-private partnership that will leverage the significant private investment we made into this facility." Organizers were confident enough in the events success that they launched an Indy Grand Prix of Louisiana website, indynola.com, which referred to the event as, "Inevitable." "Im really pleased to see IndyCar preparing to bring a race to NOLA," said former racer Michael Andretti, CEO of Andretti Sports Marketing. "New Orleans is a great market to grow the sport and Im excited to have Andretti Sports Marketing involved with the operations and promotion of the inaugural Indy Grand Prix of Louisiana." IndyCar, which includes the Indianapolis 500 as its marquee event, is the premier American-based open-wheel racing series. Currently, the series drivers include Helio Castroneves, Tony Kanaan and Scott Dixon, who are former Indy 500 winners, as well as Marco Andretti, the grandson of former racing great Mario Andretti, and Graham Rahal, son of 1986 Indy winner Bobby Rahal. AP Auto Racing Writer Jenna Fryer contributed to this report Cheap NFL Black Jerseys Wholesale Black NFL Jerseys Wholesale NFL Gear Wholesale Stitched Jerseys Wholesale NFL Womens Jerseys Cheap NFL Black Jerseys Jerseys NFL China ' ' '

2018-06-22 05:55:48

AdBot
Advertisements

Adverts

Board footer